Use this website to quickly find the most important information about São Paulo - Guarulhos Airport: Flights (Departures, Arrivals), Parking, Car Rentals, Hotels near the airport and other information about Sao Paulo airport. Plan your travel to Guarulhos Airport with the information provided in this site.
São Paulo Airport (IATA: GRU, ICAO: SBGR), also known as São Paulo - Guarulhos Airport, or simply Guarulhos Airport is the main international airport serving the city of São Paulo, Brazil. The airport is located 25 km north east from downtown Sao Paulo, in the municipality of Guarulhos.
The airport is a base for airlines Gol Transportes Aéreos and TAM airlines, it is also a hub for Avianca Brazil.
Guarulhos Airport is the main airport in Sao Paulo, but not the unique, there are two other airports serving the city, Conhonhas Airport and Campo de Marte Airport.
Both terminals are joined together, acting as a one single building. Both buildings are equal, but there is a difference in the destinations:
Terminal 1: Domestic flights.
Terminal 2: South American flights.
The terminals are divided in the following levels:
- Ground Level: Arrivals, baggage claim, connection check-in, access to taxi and bus area, car rental counters, ATM.
- Level 2: Check-in Area, divided in desks A&B for T1 and C&D for T2.
- Level 3: Departure level, check-in areas A, B, C, D, access to piers T1 (gates 1-13) and T2 (gates 14-27), dozens of shops and restaurants.
- Level 4: VIP lounges
Both terminals were remodeled in 2014-2015 in order to increase the total capacity of the airport.
This new terminal was inaugurated in 2014, and is the terminal used by all flights to Europe and North America.
The main building of the terminal consists in four levels:
- Ground Level: It has a walkway connection to T1 and T2, airline information desks, restaurants and shops.
- Level 2 (Arrivals): It has the security control, passport control, baggage claim, car rental desks and duty free.
- Level 3 (Departures): It has the check-in area, security control, and several restaurants and shops. The departures pier can be accessed from this Level. (Gates 28-53)
- Level 4: It has VIP lounges.
The terminal is currently being expanded
The domestic terminal 4 is only used by Passaredo Airlines currently.
Subway: There is not subway station at the airport, the closest station is Tietê (line 1 - blue), the passenger has to take a bus to arrive at the airport. The following stations of line 3 - red also have connections with bus to the airport: Barra Funda, República, Tatuapé.
Bus: The public company EMTU/SP offers regular and executive bus lines to several places in São Paulo.
Shuttle: There are several companies operating at the airport that offers private shuttle services to your destination.
Taxi: The company operating at the airport is Guarucoop. The phone number is +55 (11) 2440-7070
Air Taxi: Two companies offer Air Taxi service in the airport: Líder Táxi-Aéreo and Riana Táxi-Aéreo.
- The airport is located 750m altitude
- 1st busiest airport in South America
- 30th busiest airport in the world.
- 39 Million passengers in 2014, 304000 aircraft movements.
- 4 Terminals and 53 Gates
- 260 check-in counters
- 370 companies generating about 50,000 jobs.
- 2 runways (3000m and 3700m)
- Average 650 takeoff and landing operations per day
- Busiest international routes: Buenos Aires, Miami, New York, Santiago, Paris, Madrid, Lima, Frankfurt, London, Montevideo.
Address: Rod. Hélio Smidt, s/nº - Cumbica, Guarulhos - SP, 07190-100, Brasil
Telephone: +55 11 2445-2945